Ten Reasons for Using a Realtor when Selling a Home
It is actually quite surprising the number of people who attempt the do-it-yourself approach, when selling a home. For a lot, however, this approach would not even be an option, as they would not likely take the chance to gamble with what is and can be the single most important investment that they will ever make.
Selling a home without the help of realtor is not as easy as it may appear, and usually turns out to be a stressful and time-consuming process. Usually, the do-it-yourself home seller, doesn’t address important questions that come naturally to the the realtor. Questions such as true market value of the home, legal issues, suitable financing, finding a qualified buyer, negotiations, and the list goes on.
Selling a home today demands expertise and market resources that are not available to those trying the do-it-yourself approach. Search Realty lists several reasons why a home seller should enlist the services of professional realtors.
1. The home for sale will sell a lot faster when a realtor is used, due to the fact that they can identify qualified buyers more quickly and also because the realtor has resources that a person trying the do-it-yourself approach, does not.
2. The realtor will undoubtedly get a higher price for the home than if the home seller tried to sell it themselves.
3. The realtor not only has the resources and tools to help the home sell faster and for a better price, but they also possess the necessary knowledge to do so.
4. The realtor knows the neighborhood, and unlike the do-it-yourself home seller, the realtor is assessing market conditions and property values on almost a daily basis.
5. The realtor knows and understands the complexity of legal issues faced when selling a home and is better trained to put together a legally binding contract.
6. When it comes to negotiations, the do-it-yourself home seller needs to understand that negotiations are an art, an art that professional realtors take years to master.
7. The realtor is available 24/7, day and night, weekdays and weekends, all with the sole goal of selling the home for sale. That being said, they will inevitably have the flexibility in time to show the home whenever it needs to be shown, unlike the do-it-yourself home seller, who inevitably will be tied up for a number of hours during the day.
8. The realtor is aware of the options available for financing the sale and also has the latest information on mortgages.
9. Only the realtor can list the home for sale on MLS , which means that the home will get the widest possible exposure, and will bring in the qualified buyers and best offers, the home otherwise wouldn’t be able to get.
10. Finally, the home seller will obviously be looking for a new home, either before or after the sale, and that’s where the realtor is there to help again. The realtor can show the home seller thousands of homes through MLS, providing them with a list of homes suited to their needs, wants and budget.
Search Realty recommends that if the home seller is genuinely serious about not only selling a home, but also selling it fast and getting the highest possible offer, then they should enlist the services of a professional realtor. At the end of the day, selling that home can lead to a financial reward, a big one at that, and the home seller should never leave anything to chance.